When it comes to holiday experiences we find that most travellers lean one of two ways; either focusing on big architecture (and all-things man made) or towards big nature (and all things untouched by man). Time is precious and compromises have to be made. Or do they? Our 21 day hosted tour to the Northern hemisphere will be without compromise, and will offer the best of both worlds, combining an expedition cruise around Iceland aboard the luxurious Ponant Le Champlain with pre and post accommodation in Reykjavik and an Insight Vacations tour of St Petersburg and Moscow. What's more, you will be escorted all the way by our very own Crandon Keddie. Dates have now been locked in - we will depart from Perth on 6 August 2019 - but costs are still being finalised (although we anticipate a price tag of around $17,000.00 pp twin share all-in) so we're looking for expressions of interest. Scroll down for more information on this unforgettable journey but don't take too long; there are only 20 spots available.
Part 1 of your journey – ICELAND!
PONANT takes you on a voyage of discovery in Iceland and the Arctic Circle for a truly exotic cruise on the trail of the Vikings. For 8 days, Le Champlain will take you to extreme lands and breathtaking scenery. Glaciers, lava fields, geysers and steam baths – this is undoubtedly the place of all the superlatives. You will embark in Reykjavik, the most northerly capital in the world. During the cruise you will cross the Arctic Circle and sail towards the ice floe. Visit the small and remote island of Grímsey, call at Seydisfjördur, one of the most picturesque ports in the country and to conclude you will discover Heimaey, the only inhabited island in the Westmann Islands.
Part 2 of your journey – RUSSIA!
Russia is an enigma that just has to be sampled by any serious traveller. A land of immense horizons spanning over 17 million square kilometres and offering an overabundance of historical and cultural attractions - it might all seem a little daunting! That’s why the popular tourist areas around St. Petersburg and Moscow are the perfect places to start.
300 years ago, Peter the Great fashioned his namesake city out of a Finnish swamp. Today the whole city is a unique and beautiful blend of Western European and Russian styles, a city of broad avenues and winding canals, crammed with sumptuous baroque palaces, bejewelled theatres and world-class museums. No visit to Russia would be complete without standing in Moscow’s Red Square, surrounded by the Kremlin Walls and the onion domed St Basil’s Cathedral.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ICELAND⁰:
- Discovery of Reykjavik, capital of Iceland.
- Optional Golden Circle excursion: the three most emblematic sites in Iceland.
- Sailing towards the ice floe and crossing the Arctic Circle.
- Landscapes: vast glaciers, breathtaking fjords, volcanic rock, basalt pillars, jagged cliffs and geysers.
- Wildlife: puffins, blue-eyed cormorants, Arctic foxes, whales, gannets, Arctic terns.
- A passionate lecturer on board.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RUSSIA:
- St. Petersburg: Sightseeing with a Local Expert will show you St. Isaac's Cathedral, the fortress of St. Peter and Paul and Decembrists' Square. As you travel along the bustling Nevsky Prospekt, see the Cathedral of Kazan and the iconic Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood.
- Petrodvorets: Cruise by hydrofoil to Peter the Great's Summer Palace, built to rival Versailles. Explore the formal gardens, bursting with awe-inspiring cascades, sparkling fountains and golden statues.
- St. Petersburg: With a Local Expert, explore the stunning former Winter Palace of the Tsars, now the spectacular Hermitage Museum, one of the world's greatest repositories of European art.
- Sapsan Train: Sapsan in Russian, translates to falcon. Relax in modern luxury and comfort while you swoop by rail from St. Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.
- Moscow: Visit one of the cathedrals when you venture inside the Kremlin.
YOUR PONANT CRUISE SHIP, LE CHAMPLAIN
Featuring innovative and environmentally-friendly equipment, elegantly designed staterooms, spacious suites with large windows, and lounge areas that open onto the outside, this new limited-capacity yacht boasting just 92 staterooms and suites will offer you a truly unique cruising experience.
As the first ship in a new series that remains true to the PONANT spirit, Le Champlain will embody the unique atmosphere that is the cruise line’s hallmark: a subtle blend of refinement, intimacy and comfort.
Aboard this ship that flies the French flag, you will experience the incomparable pleasure of an intimate cruise, with the possibility of exploring an ever-increasing range of destinations in an ethnic-chic ambiance with luxury service.
Experience a luxurious setting where the accent is on authenticity and passion for travel.
Contact Crandon for more details and a brochure. www.cathiericetravel.com.au
Offer Terms & Conditions
Book now - limited spots available!